Since 2013, the Vision Technologies team has developed and deployed innovative biometric solutions that leverage the latest in deep-learning methodologies to millions of consumer devices. We pride ourselves with developing highly efficient and on-device embedded technologies that perform at state-of-the-art levels while protecting the privacy of our end-users.
As a Senior Software Engineer within Sensory’s Vision Technologies team, you will have the opportunity to bring your intelligence and help us to continue driving face and voice biometrics in new and exciting directions. As a member of our team, we are looking for an individual with strong skills in both application development and devops to join our small team of outstanding researchers and developers in downtown Boulder, CO. You will have the opportunity to work on cutting-edge mobile and desktop applications while shaping the development and deployment of our TrulySecure biometric SDK.
Here’s what you’ll do when you join the Sensory Vision team:
- Develop innovative technology demos across a wide range of platforms (Android, iOS, Desktop, Web) to bring Sensory’s advanced technologies into everyday use.
- Extend and develop new software infrastructure for the Vision team
- Assist in developing new features and APIs within our TrulySecure biometric SDK
- Work closely with Sensory’s outstanding Vision researchers to understand the technologies and bring them into real products.
- Help maintain and improve our CI/CD framework
For us, qualifications are whatever enables you to meet (and exceed) your performance objectives. So we’re not going to specify a number of years of experience, or tell you what degree you must have. But here are a few things that should come through on your resume:
- You relish working full-stack and avoid getting pigeonholed. At Sensory, when we say full-stack that includes implementing C++ biometrics APIs, showing them off with Android Java camera/microphone UI code and running tests in Python.
- You will be working on a wide variety of platforms (Mac OS X, Windows, Linux) and you relish the opportunity to move back and forth.
- You have a strong understanding of high level languages – C++ would be a great start, while Java, Objective-C, Python or others are helpful.
- You aren’t afraid of continuous integration tooling such as Gitlab CI, Docker, Vagrant, and VirtualBox and enjoy challenges of cross-platform software development.
- You understand the challenges that go with creating a real product that will be used by consumers.
- You’ve worked in team environments before, and you appreciate the value that a team-based approach brings to solving complex problems.
- You understand the software development process and the tools that are typically used, and care not only about the code that is written but also the process by which we get there.
- You have an interest in computer vision, biometrics or other related research areas.
- The Sensory Vision team uses an iterative/agile development methodology (borrowing heavily from Scrum), and you will be a key contributor in the entire development cycle.
- At Sensory, we put a great deal of emphasis on collaboration and maintaining an open working environment – having great coworkers is one of the biggest determinants for enjoying your work, and we take our enjoyment of work very seriously.
- Your opinions matter. We’re driven by technology and innovation, and we look to the smartest, most passionate people on the team as the source of ideas.