Since 2013, the Vision and Emerging Technologies team has developed and deployed innovative biometric solutions for voice and vision that leverage the latest in deep-learning methodologies. We pride ourselves in developing highly efficient hybrid on-device (embedded) and cloud based vision technologies that perform at state-of-the-art levels while protecting the privacy of our end-users on millions of consumer devices.
Our team is seeking an organized detail-oriented individual to support our team’s data acquisition needs. A good candidate will be adaptable, self-motivated, and eager to learn and develop new tools and technologies that drive data acquisition efforts.
Quality data is a key ingredient for any successful machine learning product — as a data acquisition specialist you will play an essential role in the success of the team and the products that are developed. You will be responsible for working closely with engineers and researchers to understand the needs of the vision and emerging technologies team to develop methods and tools for data collection, perform collections and do labeling in house, and work with enterprise partners to source data. You will also be responsible for utilizing our technology stack to build tools which auto label/annotate where possible.
Our team develops products that range across object recognition, face biometrics, liveness detection, voice biometrics, sound identification, and speech recognition tasks. As our data acquisition specialist, you will have the opportunity to explore and interact with a variety of different data modalities, and will have the opportunity to utilize the products our team develops to curate rich datasets that improve our offerings.
- Develop python tools that scrape the internet for various different types of data.
- Work with data engineers to understand and implement proper data formatting and annotation practices.
- Maintain web-based and stand-alone tools used to collect, inspect, and annotate data
- Drive innovation in data collection practices by helping the team find, implement and/or develop new tools to aid in data collection and sourcing efforts.
- Collaborate with team members to implement best practices surrounding data collection and quality checks.
- Work directly with researchers and engineers to understand and meet company data needs.
- Perform manual data collection and annotations when other data sources are unavailable.
- Support team-internal adoption of new tools and processes
- Support data collection, and annotation efforts in an ongoing basis
- 1+ year of experience programming in python (or other mainstream scripting language with equivalent capabilities/libraries), with an interest or focus on data collection tools and libraries
- Experience collecting data from the internet with web scraping/parsing libraries such as Requests, Beautiful Soup, Selenium, Scrapy, etc…
- Excited by the idea of seeking out novel ways of generating new data and diving out into the web to find data resources that help the company succeed.
- Excited by learning new skills related to data generation/collection that keep up with evolving company needs and product directions.
- Must be comfortable working in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment
- Experience working with cross-functional groups
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Bachelor’s or advanced degree in a relevant field
- One or more years industry experience
- Familiarity with the field of computer vision
- Experience with audio equipment and audio software
- Experience with vision based technologies and software (image editing/processing)
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Experience working in an agile environment (e.g. Jira/Scrum/Kanban)
- Exposure/Familiarity with any vision and audio python libraries such as OpenCV, Scikit-Image, Pillow, librosa, PyAudio, TorchAudio, etc…
- Exposure/Familiarity with data focused python libraries such as Pandas, Polars, Dask etc…
Estimated Pay Range:
Actual pay may be different-this range is estimated based on A.I. Data Acquisition Specialist in Boulder Metropolitan Area at Similar companies.
Base pay range
$80,000.00/year – $100,000.00/year
PTO, Medical, Dental, Vision, retirement plan with 401(K) match, Disability insurance, and more.
Job Code #: 2115-JW