Since 2013, the Vision Technologies team has developed and deployed innovative biometric solutions that leverage the latest in deep-learning methodologies to millions of consumer devices. We pride ourselves with developing highly efficient and on-device embedded technologies that perform at state-of-the-art levels while protecting the privacy of our end-users.
As a Data Engineer within Sensory’s Vision Technologies team, you will have the opportunity to work with a large corpus of audio and vision data, and design data pipelines that support a diverse team of developers and data scientists. The ideal candidate is an experienced data pipeline builder and data wrangler who enjoys optimizing data systems and building them from the ground up. The Data Engineer will support our software developers, database architects, data analysts and data scientists on data initiatives and will ensure optimal data delivery architecture is consistent throughout ongoing projects. They must be self-directed and comfortable supporting the data needs of multiple teams, systems and products. The right candidate will be excited by the prospect of optimizing or even re-designing our company’s data architecture to support our next generation of products and data initiatives.
Here’s what you’ll do when you join the Sensory Vision Technologies team
- Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture.
- Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements.
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Manage and optimize our AWS data infrastructure.
- Create data tools for analytics and data scientist team members that assist them in building and optimizing our product into an innovative industry leader.
- Develop and optimize data annotation tools that allow our data team to efficiently process large volumes of image data.
For us, qualifications are whatever enables you to meet (and exceed) your performance objectives. You should highlight the relevance of your particular technical background in your cover letter along with your comments on the following characteristics of successful candidates for this position:
- You should have 3+ years of data engineering design/development/implementation experience
- You are a natural leader and a great communicator. You enjoy presenting your work and collaborating with other researchers to find innovative and efficient solutions to challenging problems.
- You love working with big data and enjoy the challenges of designing pipelines that work at scale and deploying them as solutions.
- You are familiar with state-of-the-art data engineering techniques and have hands-on experience deploying data pipelines.
- You have strong analytical skills related to working with unstructured datasets.
- You enjoy building processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management.
- You have a successful history of manipulating, processing and extracting value from large datasets.
- You have a working knowledge of message queuing, stream processing, and highly scalable ‘big data’ data stores.
- You possess strong organizational skills.
- You have experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment.
Preferred candidate must have experience with the following technologies
- A minimum of 2 years of professional experience developing in a modern programming language (Python preferred) and experience with Git
- Strong AWS S3/EC2/Glacier Experience
- Intermediate experience with SQL and/or NoSQL Databases
- Web Development: Flask and Web Scraping Experience (e.g. Scrapy, Selenium)
- UNIX Scripting (Bash, Perl, Python, etc…)
- Voice and/or Image Processing Experience
- Cluster Management Technologies (e.g. Kubernetes/Docker/etc…)
- Data Versioning Tools (e.g. DVC, Pachyderm)
- Spark Experience
- Knowledge and experience working with voice or face biometrics
- Android development for audio and visual data collection
- Additional Programming Languages: C/C++, Objective C, Java, Go
- A good sense of humor
- The Sensory Vision team uses an iterative/agile development methodology (borrowing from Scrum), and you will be a key contributor in the entire development cycle.
- At Sensory, we put a great deal of emphasis on collaboration and maintaining an open working environment – having great coworkers is one of the biggest determinants for enjoying your work, and we take our enjoyment of work very seriously.
- Your opinions matter. We’re driven by technology and innovation, and we look to the smartest, most passionate people on the team as the source of ideas.
Please include the following title & job code on your application: Data Engineer 20-06
Sensory, Inc. is a profitable, fast-growing private company that licenses cutting edge speech and vision technologies to consumer electronics manufacturers. Our technologies have shipped in over a billion units from hundreds of leading consumer product companies like Hasbro, LG, Mattel, Samsung, Sony and Toshiba. Sensory’s mission is to improve the way humans interact with consumer products by designing highly accurate, low-cost, low-current, small-footprint speech and vision solutions that work!