Develop tools for speech-data collection, in-house automatic speech recognizer training, tuning, testing, analysis, and model creation. Guide planning and development of these tools. Contribute to development of cutting-edge technologies. Assist with our Linux-based software and hardware needs. Must also be comfortable with working remotely.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop Sensory’s internal tools for:
- Data collection, processing, and management
- Speech recognizer adaptation and tuning
- Translate user and customer needs into technical specifications
- Evaluate existing/available tools, including open-source options, and communicate technical considerations.
- Work collaboratively with an innovative technology development team.
- Establish/follow priorities, timelines, and development processes.
- Assist with support of our Linux-based computer server hardware and software
PRIMARY SKILLS / SPECIALITY / TECHNICAL SKILLS:
- Ability to quickly learn and use new programming languages, platforms, and frameworks.
- Comfortable working with large data sets
- Ability to design and adapt project timelines
- Experience with systems maintenance
- Experience with UNIX
- An understanding of phonetic, phonological, and acoustic concepts (e.g., ability to interpret spectrograms)
- Web development skills would also be useful
- 4-year degree in software engineering or related field
- Graduate-level coursework or industry experience in computer science, computational linguistics, or related field
- 3 years of experience in professional or equivalent experience
Job code # 2201-RC