Sensory, Inc. is a profitable, fast-growing private company that licenses cutting-edge speech and vision technologies to consumer electronics manufacturers. Our technologies have shipped in over a billion units from hundreds of leading consumer product companies like Hasbro, LG, Mattel, Samsung, Sony and Toshiba. Sensory’s mission is to improve the way humans interact with consumer products by designing highly accurate, low-cost, low-current, small-footprint speech and vision solutions that work.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform black box and white box testing for mobile, desktop, cloud, and embedded applications
- Track quality assurance metrics
- Stay current with testing tools and strategies and recommend improvement
- Filling bug reports and communicating with developers about issues as they arise
- Create automated tests to cover key functionality and building new systems of automated testing as needed
- Running Python scripts, including PyTest scripts, to execute automated testing, as well as maintaining those scripts and the Git repositories that contain them
- Adding tests to scripts to increase test coverage on all regularly delivered products
- Maintaining other programming-related work products, such as html files and bash scripts
- Working closely with the research teams to create test plans (manual and automated) to confirm system accuracy and performance
- Manual testing of speech recognition, speaker detection, noise recognition, and computer vision solutions
- Manual testing of mobile applications in iOS and Android
- Manual testing of software applications in MacOS, Linux, and Windows
- Manual testing of web applications
- Work with internal development teams (e.g., engineers, other team members, and product management) to identify system requirements.
- Develop and apply testing processes for new and existing products to meet product needs
- BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
- Proven work experience in software development and software quality assurance
- Experience in writing clear, concise, and comprehensive test plans and test cases
- 3+ years performing Quality Assurance tests in Python, PyTest, and strong Python programming skills
- 3+ years using Linux in a professional environment
- 3+ years of using Git and Jira is a plus
- Experience with MacOS and Windows preferred
- Experience with HTML, Java/Android, Swift/iOS programming, Golang, and/or Tcl preferred
Job Code # 2112-PB.
Portland, Boulder, Santa Clara, and possibly remote.