Manage and maintain the software and hardware involved with running the Sensory compute infrastructure. You will work with a mix of Linux, Windows, and Mac desktops, compute servers and data storage servers, and a variety of networking equipment.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Analyzing and figuring out the system needs of Sensory
- Installing network hardware and software utilities
- Keeping systems operating efficiently by performing any necessary upgrades and repairs
- Planning a strategy to maintain system security on the computers and the network as a whole
- Optimizing and evaluating the system utilization regularly
- Assigning and updating security permissions
- Training or directing users on the correct use of software and hardware within the system
- Performing problem-solving tasks when alerted by a user or monitoring system
PRIMARY SKILLS / SPECIALITY / TECHNICAL SKILLS:
- Excellent communication, interpersonal skills, and attention to detail.
- Excellent problem-solving and troubleshooting skills
- Experience in scripting to automate routine tasks.
- Self-starter with demonstrated ability to identify and solve new challenges.
- Experience in debugging Smb and NFS network file systems preferred
- Experience with SSSD/Kerberos/ADS User authentication preferred
- Experience with managing ZFS storage arrays preferred
- Proven work experience in IT and Unix environments
Job code # 2205-PV